Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cooking and Creating

I've had to catch up on a few things around home, it's been a bit crazy here, car issues, vehicle accident, appointments, repairs, etc etc yadda yadda, I won't bore you with the details.  But it's all good, everything is under control ( my version of control anyway) and I can now catch up on my blog and some projects. 

I came across this recipe for homemade cheese crackers ages ago, it was featured in a Country Living magazine and then variations popped up here and there, this is the one I checked out, I tweaked it here and there to my liking and they came out amazing, they are so yummy it's hard to stop eating them!



1 cup of flour
4 tablespoons of cold butter
1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
 about a tablespoon of cajun spice mix, or italian herbs(really you can use whatever spices you prefer)
4-6 tablespoons of ice water

Mix flour and spices together, then using a pastry blender cut in your butter until it resembles coarse crumbs
Add the cheese a little at a time still using your pastry blender to combine
Add your water a little at a time, stirring until dough is formed, wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for about an hour or two.
Once chilled, lightly flour surface to roll dough out, make sure you flour your rolling pin and roll dough to about 1/2 inch thick, cut into whatever shapes you desire
Grease your baking tray, place shapes  so that they are not touching, spread a tiny bit of oil on the tops, sprinkle with salt and pepper
Bake at 325 to 350 degrees depending on your oven for about 15 mins or until golden brown and slightly crispy. 
They puff up a bit and they are slightly crispy not hard and curnchy

I managed to get most of the challenges at LIITD done last month, here are a couple






1 comment:

  1. I just want to kiss the baby and snuggle up!! How old now? Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete