Sunday, February 20, 2011

Falling Behind

Have one of those days? Weeks? Months? It's been this month for me, which is why I have been a bad blogger.  Not for long though, there has been so much happening over at LIITD for the month of love.  A huge online crop which is just wrapping up and the monthly DT challenges have given me tons of inspiration to get some much needed scrapping done. So many wonderful prizes to be won and games to be played!  I've also finally heard of Post Secrets---yes I know, "Where have I been?"  I had just a small taste of those books and already find myself completely hooked. I didn't really think of myself as a voyeur before, I mean, seriously, I hate reality TV.  You seriously gotta check it out!  Now if the drive back from Chapters was as wonderful that would have made my day, bad roads and even worse drivers make it unpleasant to be out and about this weekend.

Recently I went on a quest to surf the net for the simplest of flower tutorials, there are soooo many out there I couldn't have possibly saved them all to my favourites.  I managed to watch a few videos and make myself some awesome flowers.



 Some twisted fabric flowers I made from satin, felt, cotton fabric and some rope type stuff I found in my sewing box. Added a few leaves, bling, and stickles as well.


Different types of rose flowers, which I would like to practice more.  Again I used the same satin as I did for the twisted flowers, crepe paper, tulle, and wired felt ribbon.


Some lacy flowers, which I absolutely adore and can not wait to use them on a layout.  Some of these I did a quick running stitch and others, well I got lazy and used my glue gun.  Both turned I well I think.




This little guy is just seven pieces of punched patterned paper all stacked together, dampened, twisted and scrunched then misted.

I will be posting the layouts I have completed for the online crop before the end of the weekend as well as bringing up something near and dear---Listology---list making, this is something I would be lost without doing and even then I still forget stuff.  I need a list to remember my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment